6 Habits of Super Successful People
There is no ‘secret’ to success. You need discipline, perseverance, and six simple skills that anyone can (and should) build into in theirdaily routine.
Why are some people more successful than others? There’s really no mystery: It’s because they do things differently than people who are less successful. Here are six things that verysuccessful people do every day. Embrace these habits and you can greatly accelerate your own success.
1. Keep Your Eye on the Ball
Don’t let the obstacles in your path keep you from your goals. View challenges as opportunities to learn and grow. To stay ahead, in business or anything else, you must be able to see situations from all angles and adopt the broadest possible perspective. If your ride has been a smooth one you won’t be prepared for the inevitable bumps.
2. Learn How to Say No
It’s far better to say no to a project you aren’t fully able to take on, rather than say yes and produce poor quality work or lose your focus on what matters most. Learning to say no when it is in your personal best interest, or in the interest of your company, is an extremely valuable skill. Make a list of the things that are most important to you and that you must do yourself, and then delegate the things that can and should be done by someone else. Free yourself from daily busywork and you’ll open up time for new opportunities
3. Keep a Daily Plan of Attack
You know the old saying: “Whatever isn’t written down won’t get done.” As much as we like to think we can remember our most important tasks, when the workday gets busy andmeetings run long it’s easy to forget some of the things we need to get done. Each morning write out a detailed plan of attack for the day. Not only will this list keep you more organized, but seeing the list in front of you may help you work harder and ignore distractions.
4. Welcome Criticism
Learn to listen to and absorb the criticism that you get. Hateful and negative criticism should be heard, assessed, and then let go, while constructive criticism should be evaluated and acted upon. Solicit feedback from people whose opinions you value. Remember to be gracious when receiving feedback; when you are, your coworkers and friends will be more likely to give you their support and ideas in the future.
- India at the cusp of a digital revolution
- Piggybacking Mechanics: WhatsApp, Instagram and Network Effect Marketing
- The Story Of How Larry Page Got Forced From The Top Of Google And Came Back A Decade Later
- The web is alive and well
- 6 Habits of Super Successful People
- It’s official: America is now No. 2
- How Indian-origin executives, Deepak Ahuja & Jay Vijayan, are helping Tesla reshape auto industry
- Views from the front lines of the data-analytics revolution
- Solving the Autism Puzzle
- Industry Disruption Should Head Back To The Future